Optional Competitor Events: Elective "Entertainment Challenges"
All competitors are encouraged to participate in the (2) two
elective "entertainment challenges".
A crowd favourite will be selected from each entertainment challenge. Crowd response and a judging panel will determine the individual class winners.
1) Wet Drift Challenge - A 200-250 foot
diameter circle set-up for demonstration of car control using the
principle of counter steer.A water truck will keep the pavement wetted
down for minimal wear and tear on tires and vehicles. Each competitor
is allowed 3 minutes per session to link together their best 2 laps.
Vehicles that cannot remain within the course area during an attempt
will be disqualified from that attempt. Each competitor will get at
least two attempts subject to time scheduling.
Additional Spectator Activites, Displays & Presentations
- Canadian Forces Mechanized Equipment Display - armoured vehicles including tanks, will demonstrate their abilities at select periods throughout the day.
- Canadian Forces Displays - various hi-tech weapons and equipment will be on display for public and VIP viewing. Canadian Forces (CF) personnel will also be available to meet with members of the public and attending VIP's to speak about their experiences in the CF.
- Family Fun Zone - an area where families can have fun throughout the day - these may include pedal car races, crafts, photo opportunities, bouncy houses, etc.
- Concession and Display Area - various vendors will have their wares on display: food/beverages will also be available for spectators.
- Big Screens and Audio Coverage - expanded live and taped footage at strategic locations will allow spectators to catch the action continuously through-out the day even if they choose to stay in one location.
- Much improved competitor/spectator interaction opportunities - with multiple events happening through-out the day, spectators will be able to interact with competitors waiting in staging areas for the various events and challenges. The lower speed drifting and donut challenges, as well as the medium speed solo road course event layout will allow spectators a much closer view and a much richer acoustical experience of the competitor cars.
- Dream Ride Auctions - Spectators will have the opportunity to raise additional money for the official charities by participating in a special live auction (TBD). The winner of each auction will be awarded with a ride in their dream vehicle. A live auction and/or silent auction style ballot box may be employed at the event with the winners announced over the broadcast audio system.
- Drifting Demonstrations - Professional drifting demonstrations will occur periodically on the solo road courses and/or the wet drift course. Watch as professional drift team members demonstrate their incredible car control skills.